DSMG is a public company limited by guarantee operating as a charity under the Corporations Act and the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profits Commission. The company was established in 2018 as Dharug managed and led not-for-profit.
As part of our long-term strategic development DSMG is seeking to recruit new Board Members to bring a range of skills, connections and strategic capacity to our work in Caring for Country, Community and Culture and building DSMG as a strong, sustainable and strategic foundations for Dharug futures.
In 2022 the Board is working with Communities First Development (formerly Indigenous Community Volunteers, a national not-for-profit support organisation) to build a Board Skills Matrix and Development plan.
Our Constitution requires a Board of 5-9 directors, with the positions of Chair and Deputy Chair reserved for Dharug directors. It also requires a majority of directors are identified as Dharug directors. All our directors are volunteers and DSMG has no employees, so the role of director involves a serious commitment to getting things done. To become a DSMG Director, you need to be
· 18 years of age or older; and
· eligible to be a director under the Corporations Act and the ACNC Act; and
· committed to DSMG’s Charitable Purpose; and
· have a Working with Children Check and a National Police Check; and
· provide a written declaration that they have never been involved in unethical or illegal financial activity.
The company relies on our volunteer directors to maintain high standards of ethics, integrity and governance and commitment to our values. Our Code of Conduct explains the standard of behaviour required of Directors at all times. The Constitution and Code of Conduct are available by clicking these links.
If you are interested in registering an interest in becoming a DSMG Director, please provide the following to the DSMG Secretary (Dr Michelle Locke) by email at email@example.com
· your name
· your Dharug affiliation (if registering for a position as a Dharug Director)
· your contact details (email, phone, address)
· relevant skills and experience
You can also use the Contact Us button on the Get Involved tab